WINTERSTEIGER Division WOODTECH –
Solutions for the Flooring, furniture & boards
WINTERSTEIGER is known for advanced thin-cutting technology that is used worldwide in the
production of lamellas. The thin kerf, highest accuracy, a surface to glue and processing the
lamellas without additional steps are key benefits for users.
WINTERSTEIGER thin-cutting solutions for wood are used in the production of lamellas
starting with 1 mm thickness. Among the customers are manufacturers of engineered
flooring, doors and windows, multi-layer boards, pencils, musical instruments, etc.
The product range at a glance:
• Thin-cutting frame and band saws
• Wood repair and wood cosmetics
• Saw sharpening machines
• Stellite® and carbide saw blades
• Plants and automation solutions
• Sawmill technology
• Vertical band saw technology and cutting systems
World of WOODTECH
The company started out in 1970 with the development of the thin-cutting frame saw and
has since become the world market leader in precision thin-cutting of wood. We have
gradually expanded our portfolio along the value chain of our customers. Today we offer
solutions spanning the entire timber industry – from the saw blade through fully automated
woodworking machines to optimizing your production area with customer-specific
World of WOODTECH combines 5 WINTERSTEIGER companies:
• WINTERSTEIGER AG in Austria, global market leader in thin-cutting saw machines for
engineered flooring, furniture, multi layer boards, and timber surface repair and
• VAP-WINTERSTEIGER GmbH in Austria, the automation specialist in engineered
flooring, furniture, and multi layer boards, as well as industrial sawmill technology
• WINTERSTEIGER Sägen GmbH in Germany, one of the largest and most modern saw
blade manufacturers in Europe.
• SERRA Maschinenbau GmbH in Germany, leading manufacturer of broadband
sawmills in Germany
• Heermann Maschinenbau GmbH in Germany, internationally operating company
specialising in band saw technology and customised cutting systems.