+++ The entries in the exhibitor & product database correspond to the registration status for HOLZ-HANDWERK 2020 from 28 February 2020. +++
We ensure product quality
Different staples with European Technical Approval as a means of joining wood
Schotten, August 2016 – The Schotten manufacturer in the field of fastening technology
PREBENA Wilfried Bornemann GmbH & Co. KG has been manufacturing since August 2016 different staples with ETA approval as a certified building product.
European Technical Approval (ETA) is a generally accepted form of proof of technical usability of a building product in the sense of construction product regulation in the member states of the EU.
The DIBT (German Institute for Structural Engineering) in Berlin granted the certification to the Schotten company once all the conditions and test results had been satisfied.
Consequently, the new PREBENA building staples have all the necessary properties for permanent use in the building industry, prefabricated housing industry and wooden frame construction industry.
Staple certification for wire Ø 1.52 – 2.0 mm up to a length of 170 mm in the following versions:
RF = stainless steel, material no. 1.4301
SV = strong galvanized steel, 12 μm zinc coating
- Approval throughout Europe
- Increased safety for users/processors
- Approval is valid indefinitely
- Defined head pull-through parameters for wood fibre insulating material
- Defined useful life of the staple = 50 years
- Defined materials for the staple base and the
- connected component (OSB, Rigips, fibre boards etc.)
- Staple leg length when connecting wood fibre insulating materials with WP staples up to 170 mm
- Staple back widths of 8.8 - 30 mm are possible
The current product range with ETA approval includes PREBENA types L, Q, WP und Z. Other types are available on request.
Building staples are produced at the factory in Schotten and can therefore be marketed and sold as “Made in Germany”.
In parallel with the staple certification a range of devices has been developed to handle the staples in the relevant industries. It covers all pneumatic staplers for rapid and simple stapling with ETA staples:
- Modules for static use in industrial manufacturing
- Mobile modules for moving large-scale substructures
- Pneumatic staplers with automatic trigger system
- SlideSystem for placing staples at precise, regular intervals
Of course the building staples can also be handled with the PREBENA pneumatic staplers from the standard range.
For further information see: www.prebena.de