The HECO-TOPIX-CombiConnect (HECO-TOPIX-CC) is a double-threaded screw with both national and European Technical approval developed especially for the transfer of high tensile and compressive forces in timber construction. It comprises two threads with different pitches, which have the effect of pulling the two components together. The load is transmitted axially via the thread, which allows for significantly higher tensile loads than conventional part-threaded screws and enables the transfer of compressive loads. The HECO-TOPIX CC can be inserted easily and without gaps, which ensures quick and user-friendly application.
Classical applications for the HECO-TOPIX-CC include:
- Creation of transverse butt joints
- Doubling up of weak wooden beams
- Reinforcement of any weaknesses in the cross section
- Creation of rafter-purlin joints
- Transmission of strong compressive forces