Information about the business field WOODTECH
Wintersteiger is known for advanced thin-cutting technology that is used worldwide in the production of lamellas. The thin kerf, highest accuracy, a surface to glue and processing the lamellas without additional steps are key benefits for users. Wintersteiger thin-cutting solutions for wood are used in the production of lamellas starting with 1.5 mm thickness. Among the customers are manufacturers of engineered flooring, doors and windows, multi-layer boards, pencils, musical instruments, etc.
The product line includes thin-cutting frame saws and thin-cutting band saws including upstream and downstream processing, blade sharpening machines, carbide and Stellite® saw blades, and technologies for gluing and pressing. "Timber Repair and Cosmetics" was added to the Wintersteiger product range following the takeover of VAP Gruber Automations GmbH in November 2012.
Information about the Wintersteiger Group
Wintersteiger AG is an international machinery and plant engineering group. Founded in 1953, it has gradually established itself as a leading provider of innovative solutions for customers in technically sophisticated niche markets. The business fields of the company consist of:
- Turnkey solutions for plant breeding and Research
- One-stop supplier for ski and snowboard rental and servicing
- Systems for hygienic drying of sports goods and work clothes
- Fit-optimizing solutions and individual sports shoe adjustments
- Process solutions for precision thin-cutting, wood repairs and cosmetics
- Saw blades for wood and Food
- Levelling technology machines and systems
- Machines for the automatic deburring of sheet metal
- Plants and automation solutions for industrial manufacturing companies
Wintersteiger is the world market leader in its SEEDMECH, SPORTS and WOODTECH business fields. The company delivers to no fewer than 130 countries from its headquarters in Ried im Innkreis, Upper Austria, and via 16 subsidiaries and 60 representative offices. This gives WINTERSTEIGER an export share of around 90 %. WINTERSTEIGER has approximately 900 employees worldwide.