Mirka is now launching the first narrow belt net abrasive, Abranet Max, for the wood industry. Abranet Max is a universal product suited for a broad variety of sanding applications. Due to the net structure it does not easily clog up on resinous wood types or soft materials and the sanded surface stays cooler and avoids burning. The tough aluminium oxide grain gives a high cut rate on harder wood types and materials. The symmetric net structure enables an efficient cut and stock removal. Lower pressure is needed and a more consistent surface finish means minimal quality variations in the process when sanding with Abranet Max.
The product offers an extreme long lifetime compared to conventional abrasive belts, which results in a lower amount of belts needed for the job and also cost savings and time efficiency because of less downtime in production due to changing of belts. The product is also well suited for applications where water is used as cooling agent. Abranet Max is available in P80-P240.
The Abranet® sanding concept is a unique invention
- Saves time – less downtime in changing belts.
- Saves money – net sanding products virtually eliminate clogging and, therefore, last longer than traditional paper products.
- Practical – universal product for a wide variety of materials.
- Easy to use – the belt has no arrows for direction on the backside, which means it can be run in both directions.
- Perfect finish – the unique net construction characteristics create a finer scratch pattern resulting in a better surface finish.
- Cool Cut – the net structure offers a cool cut which minimises the risk of overheating the sanded surface or burning the belt.